For those with good credit, conventional loans are a great low down option for primary, vacation, and investment homes.
Things to know:
- Manufactured homes, warrantable condos, and 1-4 unit stick built homes can be financed.
- As low as 3% down on one unit primary residences!
- More units, second homes, or investment properties require a larger down payment of at least 10-15%. If you are looking to buy a multifamily investment property and will live in one unit, try FHA for the lowest down payment.
- Minimum 620 credit score required.
- 2021 Conventional loan limits for single family homes in the more populated areas of Washington are $776,250, and for 4 unit homes $1,492,800.
- Take advantage of the appreciation we've seen in this market and do a cash out refinance up to 80% LTV to finance another property, do renovations, etc.
- While conventional loans are great for investors, there are limits to what it can offer. For more investor friendly programs, go here.